Perfect winter comfort with white beans that melt in your mouth.
Fabada is the typical dish from Asturias, a gorgeous and green region from the north of Spain. Food there is amazing, portions are huge, and prices are reasonable.
What are you waiting for? Book your flight
Fabada (In Slow Cooker)
- 500 g faba asturiana cannellini or other large white beans would work too
- 2 Morcillas Spanish black pudding, could be substituted for an artisanal onion black pudding
- 2 Chorizos
- 150 g Tocino y Lacón substitutes a thick piece of bacon or pancetta
- Soak the beans overnight (10-12 hours) and put them in the slow cooker together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with water, one finger above the beans.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, check the beans and if they are not soft enough leave them longer. Check every 30 min (depends on the type of bean).
- Take the ceramic pot from the slow cooker and move it in circles so the content mixes a bit. IMPORTANT: do not stir with a spoon, the beans might break.
- Cut up the meats on bite site pieces and serve.
As many of my slow cooker recipes, thanks Crockpotting.es for the inspiration.
Her recipe here (in Spanish): http://www.crockpotting.es/fabada-asturiana/